Monday, April 23, 2012

Comparison: China Glaze Orange Pacific v. China Glaze Riveting

Greetings! I've been starting to go through my stash to de-dupe. I have SO MUCH polish that it's getting a little out of hand. My new "rule" is to not buy polishes that are too close to each other, even if they're not dupes. Most normal people don't even notice the little differences that I notice.

First up is China Glaze Riveting, from the Hunger Games Collection. I'm not a fan of Hunger Games so I could care less, but I am a fan of polish! I thought Riveting was awesome, but then I realized it was close to another polish I have in my collection.

China Glaze Orange Pacific is from the Surf Collection, one of my favorite collections of all time. GLASS FLECKS!

Let's see the two side by side. Orange Pacific is on the left, and Riveting on the right:




 Close, yeah? I can spot a few minor differences. Riveting seems a bit more "juicy" and is a slightly brighter orange than Orange Pacific. The shimmer in Riveting is also larger & more golden. This is three coats each, and they're both opaque, but Orange Pacific needed the third coat, while Riveting was opaque at two. It was a tough decision, but I ended up keeping Orange Pacific.

Which is your favorite?

5 comments:

  1. I have neither of these yet, but I'm thinking I need Riveting...it's that "juicy-ness" you mentioned ;-) I hear you on weeding out the dupes...my storage is getting out of hand and I need to do the same thing! (Yet here I am , adding Riveting to my 'to buy' list!) hahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Riveting IS awesome, but I already had OP, so it was easier for me to just return Riveting. De-duping is a long & painful process :P

      Delete
  2. I agree with you: I don't need polishes that are similar! Great comparison!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks darlin! It's so hard to de-dupe but it needs to be done!

      Delete
  3. thank you so much. i like orange pacific cuz riveting looks more like a burnt orange which wouldn't work with my skin tone

    ReplyDelete